Sunday, August 26, 2007

Wow, I'm a huge dork


I always thought there might be a moment when you realized you had become old and lame. Sure enough, that moment came when I started getting stoked about owning a Honda Civic.

But I just didn't get excited. I did hours of research. I checked miles per gallon, safety ratings and whether or not it had a jack for my iPod. The worst part: I didn't even have my other car paid off yet.

Then in June I got rear-ended -- a 16-year-old blasted me going 40 mph while I was sitting at a stoplight. Her insurance company cut me a fat check for way more than my Grand Am was worth.

So it was Civic time. Now, you'll see me tooling around in a tiny four-banger sedan instead of my V-6 GT coupe. And you know what? The inner dork in me is indeed stoked.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dane, we can relate. We think our VW Jetta is about the coolest thing around--it also has a ipod jack. I won't even get into the hours of research Bryan put it before we bought it. But when you're making the bike to car transition, you can't be too careful. Her name is Loretta. Loretta Jetta. Now who's the huge dork?

daddydipstick said...

i didn't really ever like you much to begin with, i think it was my attraction to your huge gi joe collection. since those got stored away in your moms basement, i'd have to say i don't really care about you too much. and should i get a chance to take a dump on your civic, i will. tell justin gronewold hi for me.