Sunday, August 26, 2007

Why hate primer?

Because it sucks. That's why. It's one of those things that stands in the way of something that seems easy -- say, painting cabinets -- and makes it a bitch. It doesn't go on evenly, making subsequent coats uneven and ugly. Then you have to sand the cabinets down and repaint them.

Primer, in essence, represents all the crap that gets in the way. It's the traffic jam on your morning commute. It's the dangerously low bank account balance. It's the glitch that won't let you open a Word document on deadline. It's long lines at the post office.

So even if you've never primed anything, you hate primer. Trust me.

The point of this blog is to get at that kind of stuff -- average everyday things that are annoying, interesting or absurd. I'll also provide updates and pics. And I'd also like to use it as a gathering place for friends. Ideally, I'd a like to start a "Where are they now?" feature of former Daily Nebraskan workers and/or Kearney High School graduates. If you fit the bill, post a comment and we'll get it rolling.

2 comments:

Miss Luxe said...

jxz here. i look forward to more musings.

p.s. the other day i tried a new face primer (which goes on before makeup) and it totally made me break out.
your hypothesis stands.

Cullen said...

I hate primer, too. The metaphor and the reality. I'm on board. I look forward to more musings (I want to see if we can get every other person who posts to say "I look forward to more musings")