Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Random sports stuff

Sorry if you don't care, but I sort of do. So here are the biggest sports stories on my radar.

1. Joba mania
Joba Chamberlain, the Lincoln native and former Husker, is the buzz of the big leagues. It's pretty cool that he's been lights-out with the Yankees. He seems like a good -- if not foolish -- guy. And he first pitched collegiately at the University of Nebraska-Kearney. So he's sort of a Kearneyite like me. Oh, and it's cool he's named after a fat monster from "Star Wars."

2. Football and fat
I saw two former Husker football stars recently -- QB god Tommie Frazier (at Wal-Mart) and OL/brainiac Rob Zatechka (at a firetruck rally at a bank). Frazier had gained 60 pounds. Rob had lost 60. So they were about the same size. Freaky.

3. Skers return
Prediction time for the football season opener:
Nebraska 37
Nevada 17

1 comment:

Alexa said...

My favorite tshirt right now- JOBA RULES.