Sunday, December 9, 2007

Catching up

It's been 47 days since I last posted. What's happened since?

-The beloved Nebraska Cornhuskers went in the tank like never before, losing three of their last four games and, in the process, losing their coach. Good riddance.

-The Huskers hired a guy named Bo. Bo knows defense. Lord knows we need him.

-I got most of my Christmas shopping done.

-I asked for a sweet pair of vegan, recycled kicks for Christmas.

-I wrote a funny story about winter beards.

-I mowed the lawn for the last time the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

-I scooped the first winter snow about two weeks after that.

-My son started singing (cute!)

-My son sings Barney songs (boo!)

-I was told I'm taking a month off of my regular beat to write a story about the 50th anniversary of the Starkweather killings.

-While reading court testimony about shootings taking place nearly 50 years ago, the scanners in our newsroom crackled to life, telling horrific tales of real-life shootings happening 12 miles away.

It's been boring, terrible, wonderful and historic. It's been -- I guess -- life.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

It was Oct. 10 when I last posted a comment on your blog - three weeks before we found the buyer on our house. So I'll post again now in the week we'll close on the deal. With this whole move thing, I might, just might, be shoveling my last snow of the season tomorrow. Did I mention I'm off work this week? Good luck getting into work. Seriously, good luck.

Jeannine said...

Hey! Nice to see your post I truly miss reading what you write. Speaking of your talents I heard about your awesome idea of "My Omaha". Quite incredible thinking! Good job.

Jonathan said...

I hate primer too, but I really like your blog; don't you want to start posting to it again? (Winter's over man! :))