Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Silly society

Ever flip by the animal shows and just think how stupid and dirty these beasts are? I often wonder if there's some higher entity out there doing the same with us. If so, they have plenty of what-the-hell? fodder.

1. Neckties.
Are you freaking kidding me? Our society dictates that in order to be formal, you have to wrap a piece of fabric around your neck. It serves no tangible purpose, looks stupid and is uncomfortable. Ridiculous.

2. Lawns
Who was the jerk who said, "I've got an idea: We'll pay thousands of dollars to plant seeds/lay sod in the dirt and spend thousands more watering and fertilizing it. Then when it grows, we have to hurry out and spend hours cutting it"? To that I have a counter idea: Don't water it, so you don't have to cut it.

3. Handshakes
The proper way to greet someone you've never met -- or someone you've always known -- is by firmly grasping their hand. And exactly how hard you grasp their hand is supposed to be a big indicator about your personality. Puh-lease. Why can't people just adopt the curl-of-the-upper-lip-into-a-sort-of-smile-and-head-nod greeting? Seems perfectly fine to me.

1 comment:

Jeannine said...

I love your writing. I am glad you both have a blog I have really missed reading your work.