Monday, April 25, 2011

Above all else

It's been months, actually. More than a year. I left her on New Year's Day, 2010. She got a boyfriend two weeks after I left. She filed the papers almost exactly a year ago.

Then, at Christmas, she talks about fixing everything. We've got two kids, so I sort of open up. She came out here a couple weeks ago. She interviewed for a job. We got too close. Too, too close.

Today, she writes. Turning the job down. Staying in Omaha. Above all else, I feel stupid for letting her get to me.

Above all else, I feel like I had one chance, and it's gone.

3 comments:

tk said...

Oy vey, Dane. You know, I didn't know you guys too well in college, because you started as I was leaving, but I got pretty emotionally involved with your story via FB and blog posts ... and this is just a big, you know, oy vey. I'm sorry it all went down this way.

tk

Ashlee said...

Sorry, Dane. Keeping you in my prayers. You'll be OK...I barely know you but I just have that feeling about you. :)

Veronica said...

We get more than once chance at happiness in this short life. You have to believe that.

Nothing goes exactly as we want it. I believe that. Life is hard, really hard. But it doesn't mean we give up.

I am sorry, too, you know. You never give me credit for that.